As you can see, this year’s Cook-Off will take place @ Christianshavns Beboerhus (i Salen) — a fantastic and friendly place for those of you who aren’t familiar with this cultural gathering spot — on the 14th of October at high noon. This gives all of us chili gardeners enough time to let our spicy treasures get full grown before we harvest them for this crazy cool contest.
The way it works:
A limited number of cook-contestants (15 or 16) will each bring a pot of chili to the competition by noon on Sunday.
Everyone else will be eligible to taste and judge each pot of chili according to specific criteria (ballot on the way).
Throughout the event, Summersalt Factory will be giving away raffle prizes to random lucky tasters.
Before each person leaves, they will be asked to turn in their chili-tasting ballot.
The winning chili will be announced around 5pm and awarded a special prize!
Everybody gets to participate in this event, either as a cook-contestant or a taster-judge
- Register for the Cook-Off by October 7th and include your 50kr. registration fee. There will only be space for a limited number of cook-contestants (probably 15 or so). The registration fee can be paid by emailing me: kevinkroh (at) gmail (dot) com
- Your pot of chili can be any style you like, with any ingredients you choose, as long as you use fresh or dried chilies! Please write down the name of your chili and the basic recipe (for food allergy considerations)
- There will be a limited number of electric burners to warm all of the pots of chili, so be aware that we need to share and help each other out
- You must make at least 3 Liters of chili, otherwise there won’t be enough for the taster-judges to vote on
- When you pay your 50kr. entry fee at the door you will receive a chili-tasting ballot and a raffle ticket
- At random points during the day raffle prizes will be given away — so hold on to your ticket
- Remember to turn in your ballot before you leave
- Beboerhuset will have Hancock beers flowing on tap for only 25kr. (large-size) to quench your thirst and milk will be available help put out the fires
- And, hey, try to give a small taste of each pot of chili before eating too much 🙂
- The ballots will be tallied throughout the day, with the winning chili to be announced around 5pm
There will be some live music, a booth or two where special guests will be selling chili-related products, and lots of movement (bowels or otherwise) all day long.
The event is now posted on Facebook, so feel free to sign up.
Looking forward to seeing you there!